Sunday Service Reflection
Sunday, March 26th
Click here to go to our service archive
In Paul’s closing words to the Colossians, he gives a list of others who have served as ministry partners alongside him in building up the Church and spreading forth the Gospel. In salvation, the Lord transforms us to be used of Him in this world. When we come together as partners in service to our Savior, we see the wonderful giftings God has given each of us and the different characteristics He uses through us for His glory.
1. Tychicus- A Willing Servant (Col. 4:7-8)
2. Onesimus- A Won Soul (Col. 4:9)
3. Aristarchus- A Workmate (Col. 4:10a)
4. Mark- A Work in Progress (Col. 4:10b)
5. Justus- A Wonderful Example (Col. 4:11a)
6. Epaphras- A Warrior in Prayer (Col. 4:12-13)
7. Luke- A Wanted Professional (Col. 4:14a)
8. Demas- A Wandering Deserter (Col. 4:14b)
9. Archippus- A Wondering Observer (Col. 4:17)
1. Read Eccl. 7:1. What words or characteristics would people associate with your name?
2. Which individual(s) in Col. 4:7-18 do you relate to the most and why?
3. Are there ways that you are serving others in this same capacity? If no, why not? If yes, give examples.
4. Which individual(s) challenge or convict you in Col. 4:7-18? In what ways could you seek the Lord to grow to be more like those you do not share the same characteristics with?
5. Considering the example of those Paul mentioned in this passage: Who could you encourage this week that is in ministry? How could you support them?
6. Read Col. 4:17 again: Is there an area of ministry that the Lord is leading you to serve in at MGBC?
7. Is there someone you could specifically minister to by evangelism, discipleship, or in some other way?
8. What thoughts do you have about church membership? Are you a member? Why or why not?
9. If you are not a member, prayerfully consider filling out a membership form by clicking here or by picking up a form at the church office. If you have any questions about membership, please set up a time to meet with one of our pastors.
Click to download a PDF version if you'd like to print.